You are aware that you are not the only person with a “special” relationship to sugar right? But chances are the reasons behind it are unique!Follow us for a sugar-free HEAVEN!
Speedy peanut butter oats!
Mix 240 ml milk of your liking (goats milk or vegetable based milk) +50 gr oats and a pinch of salt. Cook for about 5 min on med heat add then stir in 2 Tbls peanut butter or almond butter and ½ tsp cinnamon.
LUNCH OR DINNER
THE YUMMIEST VEGETABLE SOUP
A soul-soothing bowl of delicious vegetable soup, perfect for lunch or dinner paired with crusty bread!
· 2 tbsp olive oil
· 1 large onion, diced
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 3 medium carrots, diced
· 3 stalks celery, diced
· 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
· ½ tsp dried oregano
· ½ tsp dried thyme
· 4 cups vegetable broth + 1 cup water
· 1 C diced tomatoes (preferably cheery)
· 1 cup corn (I used thawed from frozen)
· 1 handful spinach or kale
· 1 cup diced pumpkin
· 1 bay leaf
· ¼ cup parsley, chopped
· 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, more to taste
· 1½ tsp salt, more to taste
· Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-low heat. Once hot, add onion, garlic and a teaspoon o salt and cook about 8 minutes. Add the oregano, thyme and carrots, celery, potatoes and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring often.2. Add broth, water, cheery tomatoes, corn, pumpkin, bay leaf, and several grinds of pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered until the vegetables are tender, about 35 minutes.3. Remove from heat and stir in parsley and lemon juice. Remove bay leaf and season to taste with salt (don't be shy, I added lots of salt!) and pepper. Serve hot with crusty bread.
Pop-corn and pumpkin seed mix
In a pan place 1 Tbls olive oil and ½ C pop-corn. Leave to cook and sprinkle with 2 Tbls pumpkin seeds, 1 tsp unsweetened coconut, cinnamon and salt. Ready for a movie?
LUNCH OR DINNER
Crunchy sesame chicken and bulgur bowl (serves 1/ready in 10 mins)
You’ re 10 minutes away from a lunchtime win: whisk 2tsp olive oil, 1tbsp rice-wine vinegar, ½ tsp minced garlic and ¼ tsp low-salt soy sauce. Using a fork, shred an 85gr grilled, skinless chicken breast. Toss 200gr cooked bulgur with 60gr roughly chopped spinach. Top with 2tbsp chopped spring onion, 220gr shredded carrot, the shredded chicken and 1tbsp chopped, roasted, salted peanuts. Drizzle with the dressing. Imbibe with joy.
vegan option: Omit the chicken and add kidney beans or edamame beans instead. Both work great with bulgur.
EXTRA RECIPES If you need to have meat or fish based protein every day then follow these recipes. Salmon with broccoli and quinoa (serves 1/ready in 30 mins) Mix ¼ tsp each of crushed garlic, dried oregano and balsamic vinegar, plus 1 tsp Dijon mustard to make a glaze. Spread it onto an 85gr salmon fillet. Then sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper and 2 tsp olive oil over 150gr broccoli florets laid out on a baking tray. Bake the broccoli at 190°C for 20 minutes, then turn it over before adding the salmon to the tray. While cooking, flip the broccoli and salmon is just cooked throughout. Serve the fish over 150gr cooked quinoa with broccoli. Dig in.Turkey chilli (serves 1/ready in 45 mins) Heat 4tsp of extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan. Add 1 chopped onion and 220gr turkey mince, and cook, while stirring, for 8 minutes. Smells good! Gently stir in 1 tin chopped tomatoes, 250ml chicken stock, 150gr tomato paste, 1 tin kidney beans, 3 tsp chilli powder and ½ tsp cumin. Simmer for 10 minutes and serve topped with 3 chopped spring onions.