There is so much more you can do with fresh Basil other than pesto sauce!
Last night, I got home from the hospital really late.. All I wanted to do was to make my comfort sandwich (Zea bread with almond butter banana and lots of cinnamon) and hit the bed! Only that ..Theo, my daughter had other plans!
To cut a long story short in only a few minutes we are tossing in the pan some shrimps -Yiayia purchased earlier -together with a mixture of chilies, dates, fish sauce and salt! Finishing touch, fresh Basil! And just like that we got Theodora’s latest favorite meal!
A very different Green Monday for us!
If you want to find healthy and vegan recipes check out our Vegan Booklet https://www.alexiapotamitou.com/post/οδός-χορτοφαγίας
Καλή Ανάσταση να φτάσουμε.
Ingredients (4 Servings)
· 3 chilies, coarsely chopped
· 6 garlic cloves, smashed
· 5 figs or 3 Tbls honey
· 2 Tbsp fish sauce
· 1 tsp salt
· 4 Tbsp olive oil
· 500 gr fresh large shrimps, peeled, deveined
· 2 cups basil leaves (about 1 bunch)
· Lime wedges (for serving)
1. 5 figs (soak in a water first ) or 3 Tbls honey
2. Beat the olive oil, chilled, fish sauce, dates and garlic
3. Marinate shrimps for a couple of hours.
4. In pan cook the shrimps for 4 min each side.
5. Add all the marinate in the pan toss fresh basil
6. Salt /Pepper