You are aware that you are not the only person with a “special” relationship to sugar right? But chances are the reasons behind it are unique!
Follow us for a sugar-free HEAVEN!
It doesn’t get any easier than this! Pair a hard boiled egg with 5-6 walnuts + 4 celery sticks + 1 Tbts hummus or peanut butter
LUNCH OR DINNER
THE YUMMIEST VEGETABLE SOUP
A soul-soothing bowl of delicious vegetable soup, perfect for lunch or dinner paired with crusty bread!
· 2 tbsp olive oil
· 1 large onion, diced
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 3 medium carrots, diced
· 3 stalks celery, diced
· 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
· ½ tsp dried oregano
· ½ tsp dried thyme
· 4 cups vegetable broth + 1 cup water
· 1 C diced tomatoes (preferably cheery)
· 1 cup corn (I used thawed from frozen)
· 1 handful spinach or kale
· 1 cup diced pumpkin
· 1 bay leaf
· ¼ cup parsley, chopped
· 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, more to taste
· 1½ tsp salt, more to taste
· Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-low heat. Once hot, add onion, garlic and a teaspoon o salt and cook about 8 minutes. Add the oregano, thyme and carrots, celery, potatoes and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring often.
2. Add broth, water, cheery tomatoes, corn, pumpkin, bay leaf, and several grinds of pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered until the vegetables are tender, about 35 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and stir in parsley and lemon juice. Remove bay leaf and season to taste with salt (don't be shy, I added lots of salt!) and pepper. Serve hot with crusty bread.
You are going to love these I swear. I make a lot so it lasts for a week!
Pre heat oven to 200. Spread one tin or carton of drained cooked chickpeas on a paper towel. Place another paper towel on top and gently dab to remove excess water. Put the chickpeas onto a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Make sure that they are all coated well. BAKE for 15 minutes, give them a good stir and shake and bake for another 10 min until they are golden and crisp. Remove from the oven and toss with 1 ½ tsp dried rosemary and salt!
LUNCH OR DINNER (vegan)
Cucumber, tomato, black bean and barley salad (serves 1/ready in 20 mins)
Grab a fork and whisk 1 tbsp red-wine vinegar, 2 tsp olive oil, ¼ tsp dried oregano and ½ tsp crushed garlic. (Go on, give it some elbow grease.)
Then toss 90gr halved plum tomatoes, 60gr chopped cucumber 2tbsp finely chopped red onion, 80gr cooked barley, 80gr tinned black beans (rinsed and drained).
Pop the dressing over and tuck in!
You can substitute black beans with any legume you like.
If you need to have meat or fish based protein every day then follow these recipes.
Salmon with broccoli and quinoa (serves 1/ready in 30 mins)
Mix ¼ tsp each of crushed garlic, dried oregano and balsamic vinegar, plus 1 tsp Dijon mustard to make a glaze. Spread it onto an 85gr salmon fillet. Then sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper and 2 tsp olive oil over 150gr broccoli florets laid out on a baking tray. Bake the broccoli at 190°C for 20 minutes, then turn it over before adding the salmon to the tray. While cooking, flip the broccoli and salmon is just cooked throughout.
Serve the fish over 150gr cooked quinoa with broccoli. Dig in.
Turkey chilli (serves 1/ready in 45 mins)
Heat 4tsp of extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan. Add 1 chopped onion and 220gr turkey mince, and cook, while stirring, for 8 minutes. Smells good! Gently stir in 1 tin chopped tomatoes, 250ml chicken stock, 150gr tomato paste, 1 tin kidney beans, 3 tsp chilli powder and ½ tsp cumin. Simmer for 10 minutes and serve topped with 3 chopped spring onions.