You are aware that you are not the only person with a “special” relationship to sugar right? But chances are the reasons behind it are unique!Follow us for a sugar-free HEAVEN!
Cashew-coconut muesli yoghurt
Mix 80 gr rolled oats with 1 Tbls chopped cashews and 1 ½ Tbls unsweetened shredded coconut. Then stir 1 tsp ground ginger and ¼ ground cinnamon. Now you can add any kind of yoghurt or milk. You might want to give it some time to sit before eating!
LUNCH OR DINNER
THE YUMMIEST VEGETABLE SOUP
A soul-soothing bowl of delicious vegetable soup, perfect for lunch or dinner paired with crusty bread!
· 2 tbsp olive oil
· 1 large onion, diced
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 3 medium carrots, diced
· 3 stalks celery, diced
· 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
· ½ tsp dried oregano
· ½ tsp dried thyme
· 4 cups vegetable broth + 1 cup water
· 1 C diced tomatoes (preferably cheery)
· 1 cup corn (I used thawed from frozen)
· 1 handful spinach or kale
· 1 cup diced pumpkin
· 1 bay leaf
· ¼ cup parsley, chopped
· 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, more to taste
· 1½ tsp salt, more to taste
· Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-low heat. Once hot, add onion, garlic and a teaspoon o salt and cook about 8 minutes. Add the oregano, thyme and carrots, celery, potatoes and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring often.2. Add broth, water, cheery tomatoes, corn, pumpkin, bay leaf, and several grinds of pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered until the vegetables are tender, about 35 minutes.3. Remove from heat and stir in parsley and lemon juice. Remove bay leaf and season to taste with salt (don't be shy, I added lots of salt!) and pepper. Serve hot with crusty bread.
Edamame (steamed) with some salt.
LUNCH OR DINNER
Barley risotto with chicken and asparagus (serves 2/ready 45 mins)
Pre-heat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with foil. In a large bowl, whisk 3 tbsp lemon juice, pinch a salt, 1 clove garlic and 1 tsp of olive oil. Mix in 450gr boneless chicken thighs and 450gr asparagus. Place the chicken on the baking tray and cook for 25 minutes. Add the asparagus to the baking tray during the final 10 minutes of the chicken’s cooking time. While the meat is in the oven, pour 1 litre vegetable broth into pan, cook for 5 minutes then remove from the heat. Heat 3 tsp olive oil in a large saucepan. Add 1 chopped onion and 1 shallot and cook for 5 minutes stirring.
Throw in 2tbsp dried sage and black pepper and cook for 1 minute, then lower the heat, stir in 40gr pearl barley and cook for another 2 minutes.
Add 200ml broth to the barley, simmer and allow the barley to soak up the liquid, then add a little more broth. Continue this process until all the broth is absorbed and the barley is tender and creamy. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Serve the risotto topped with the chicken and asparagus.
If you need to have meat or fish based protein every day then follow these recipes.
Salmon with broccoli and quinoa (serves 1/ready in 30 mins) Mix ¼ tsp each of crushed garlic, dried oregano and balsamic vinegar, plus 1 tsp Dijon mustard to make a glaze. Spread it onto an 85gr salmon fillet. Then sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper and 2 tsp olive oil over 150gr broccoli florets laid out on a baking tray. Bake the broccoli at 190°C for 20 minutes, then turn it over before adding the salmon to the tray. While cooking, flip the broccoli and salmon is just cooked throughout.
Serve the fish over 150gr cooked quinoa with broccoli. Dig in.Turkey chilli (serves 1/ready in 45 mins) Heat 4tsp of extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan. Add 1 chopped onion and 220gr turkey mince, and cook, while stirring, for 8 minutes. Smells good! Gently stir in 1 tin chopped tomatoes, 250ml chicken stock, 150gr tomato paste, 1 tin kidney beans, 3 tsp chilli powder and ½ tsp cumin. Simmer for 10 minutes and serve topped with 3 chopped spring onions.