Lunch or dinner your call? A different meal that you will adore! Full of nutrients and energy 😁
Ingredients (serves 2)
· 4 bone -in, skin -on chicken thighs
· ¼ Tsp salt, plus more for seasoning the chicken
· 1 Tsp coconut oil
· 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
· 3 large garlic gloves, sliced
· 2/3 Cup black rice
· 1 ½ Cup water
· ½ Cup full-fat coconut milk
· 1 lemongrass stalk, outside layer peeled off, smashed with the side of knife
1. Season the chicken thighs generously with salt on both sides.
2. In a 12-inch braiser or saute pan with a lid, melt the coconut oil over medium -high heat.
3. Add the chicken thighs, skin-side down, and sear until very nicely browned. Flip and cook until browned on the second side, about 5 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
4. Add the ginger and garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds, or until fragrant but not browned.
5. Add the rice and give it a stir, coating each grain with the oil.
6. Add the water, coconut milk, lemongrass, and salt. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then return the chicken thighs to the pan, skin-side up, and cover. Reduce the heat to the lowest setting and simmer gently for 45 minutes.
7. Divide rice and serve with two thighs.